Dalet today announced that it will showcase the latest release of Dalet Enterprise Edition at the Broadcast Asia 2010 exhibition, held in Singapore, from June 15 – 18, on stand 7J3-05 and the Magna Systems & Engineering stand 7D2-01.
Dalet Enterprise Edition is an open Media Asset Management (MAM) platform designed to facilitate highly efficient and collaborative workflows for news, sports, program preparation, and archives. Developed on the principles of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Dalet solutions leverage the full capabilities of modern IT technologies. Its integrated Workflow Engine and Web Services API provide agility and openness for managing a wide range of workflows and broadcast equipment. The natively integrated production tools manage ingest, logging, production, playout, archive and distribution of content across multiple platforms.
“Dalet offers Asian broadcasters an integrated, end-to-end MAM solution proven to improve productions and reduce costs. Our customers have taken advantage of the open architecture to completely tailor features and functions to meet specific requirements. Even the user interface can be localized in many different languages,” comments Arnaud Elnecave, Director of Asia Pacific, Dalet. “To ensure our customers like ABS-CBN and TV-One maximize the breadth and depth of features the system can offer them, we have a large professional services team and a network of established system integrators located throughout the regions supported by our corporate offices in Singapore and Sydney, Australia.”
End-to-end news production workflow demonstration
Delivered with the comprehensive Dalet Newsroom Computer System (NCRS), Dalet Enterprise Edition provides a fully integrated end-to-end solution that can perfectly adapt to any newsroom operation. Dalet’s unique “story-centric approach” enables newsrooms to be more efficient and faster. Each story, complete with multimedia elements such as video, graphics, still pictures, web links, and text components can be followed through every step of the workflow with status, metadata and associated media elements consistently tracked and managed.
- News wheel playout and pre-production workflow is a revolutionary concept initially designed for Time Warner Cable’s 24/7 news production workflow. The new feature maximizes playout automation efficiency of news clips across multiple channels, with different formats and languages.
- Dalet’s unique “CG on the timeline” feature simplifies the process of creating broadcast graphics from journalists’ desktops. No burn-in required as playout is fully automated.
- Comprehensive web-based NRCS, WebSpace; Dalet’s Windows-based web client now includes a full-featured NRCS. In addition to video tools, newsgathering, planning, rundown management, and script editing are available to users from anywhere via web or PC clients. WebSpace runs on Macintosh and Windows platforms.
Enterprise MAM platform demonstrations
The versatile Dalet MAM platform meets the needs for complex end-to-end, multi-platform production workflows. The modern architecture incorporates a wide-range of capabilities for managing large-scale media workflows.
- Management of Digital Rights and Genealogy for any type of content, including News, Programs and Sports clips. This feature dramatically simplifies the tracking of rights metadata at every step of the production workflow, both in the newsroom and in the production departments.
- Extended set of supported media formats and new functionalities for centralized ingest.
- New manual and automated Quality Check (QC) tools are fully integrated in the production workflows.
Dalet Invited to Deliver Special Broadcast Asia Presentation
Dalet Asia Pacific Technologist, Mark Johns, will present a special MAM/News Production topic at the Broadcast Asia 2010 Engineering Conference. “Enterprise Media Asset Management – What is the Real Benefit for Broadcasters” will be presented on Thursday, June 17th at 11:40AM, in the Marquise Room.
Dalet solutions enable broadcasters and content professionals to create, manage and distribute media for traditional and new media channels including interactive web and mobile networks. Dalet Enterprise Edition combines a MAM platform and workflow engine to manage News, Sports, Programs, Entertainment and Archives. Purpose-built media production tools are natively integrated, optimizing access to media, collaboration and streamlining production workflows. At the core is an open and flexible MAM platform that tracks metadata from ingest to archive, ensuring media assets are indexed and searchable across the workflow. Delivered with Dalet Professional and Integration services, Dalet provides complete solutions that improve production speed, quality, and value of media assets.
Dalet systems are used around the world by thousands of content producers including major television and radio public broadcasters (ABS-CBN, BBC, Canal +, CBC, DR,NPR, RTBF, RFI, RSR & TSR, RT Malaysia, VOA, WDR), commercial networks and operators (Antena 3, FOX,eTV, Orange, Prime Television, The Press Association, Time Warner, Warner Bros., XM-Sirius) and government organizations (Queensland JAG, Canadian House of Commons, The European Commission).
Dalet is traded on the NYSE-EURONEXT stock exchange (Eurolist C): ISIN: FR0000076176, Bloomberg DLT:FP, Reuters: DALE.PA.
Dalet is a registered trademark of Dalet Digital Media Systems. All other trademarks and products mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
For more information on Dalet, visit www.dalet.com.