6 Steps for Sporting Organizations to Flex their (Digital) Muscles
How to blow the competition away with unique sports content experiencesBy Lee McMullan | 05/20/21
Sport has evolved from being a venue-attended live event, extended with the introduction of television and now the explosion of content across digital properties. Content is made available at all times, on all devices, making way for the always-on culture. Sports content not only means game footage; it now refers to interviews, highlights, warm-up, training, meal preparation, even player lifestyle. Gaining a larger audience and fan base with each evolution, across all generations, cultures and geographies.
Changes ultimately bring more challenges. Today’s challenge is to come up with a content strategy and a solid sports content management system that grows an audience (local, national and internationally, across distributed platforms…), continues to add value to your brand and affiliates and tracks, measures and converts content engagement to a purchasing customer. All while navigating around complex rights.
The good thing is that change paves way to a flurry of new opportunities: to get closer to your fans, to build a direct audience, to gather data to make smarter decisions. With change you can introduce personalized experiences, additional rights, stronger brand identity and dynamic sponsor packages – all geared towards growing revenues and all through one sports content management tool.
This sounds like a dream – how can this be achieved with limited resources?
The best defense is a good offense
Content enables these opportunities: it provides the primary communication, promotion and interaction with an audience. Having an audience provides a platform for you to maximize monetization opportunities.
Dalet Flex is the perfect sports content management tool to help deliver your multimedia content strategy and scale your operations with your existing team. The might of broadcast level operations at the click of a button.
Let’s talk about the key functions of the platform: Import, Manage, Create, Review, Deliver and Engage
Import: Capture that key moment
- Simple web-based upload portal to centrally capture all content produced by everyone.
- Automatically receive content from partners.
- Capture live streams, ready to use without delay.
- Having access-controlled, rich metadata can greatly enhance your content value, making it more discoverable while driving rule-based automation. Many sources of metadata can enrich your content including AI analysis, professional data feeds, commentary, shared databases and manually-added data.
Manage: Metadata and search
- Dalet Flex offers the most comprehensive metadata capabilities on the market for sports content management and comes with controlled access to enable easy content discoverability, so the content is available exactly when you need it.
- Drag and drop content organization in collections which can be shared to speed up the edit.
- Manage hierarchical metadata structure, content and imagery that feeds your front-end D2C experience.
- All the hard work is automatically happening in the background.
Create: Clips and stitch
- Create clips and publish to all your digital properties (and partners) in just a few clicks, even when live.
- Easily stitch content together to tell a new story and produce highlights.
- Auto-brand content by sponsor, platform, contributor, team or any other rule for customization on delivery.
- Integrated with your favorite tools such as Adobe Premiere Pro to add that additional editorial flare. Search, preview import, edit and export back to Flex distribute to your digital properties. All while working in Adobe Premiere.
Review and Approval
- There is no I in team – get more out of working together with collaborative functions and target feedback to accurate timecoded commentary.
- Provide secured access to partners, sponsors and affiliates to content for feedback.
- Keep your social channels active with instant or scheduled delivery.
- Integrated with best-of-breed partners to instantly publish items from your sports content management library to your audience on all devices.
- Feed your audience and see where they can take you.
- Opportunities are endless; you need to be in the game to win it, take risks, learn from your mistakes. “Champions keep playing until they get it right” (Billie Jean King).
Don’t take your eye off the ball, more changes will come, more platforms will appear, your audience consumption habits will change. Will you be ready?
GAME, SET, MATCH – give us a whistle 🙂
Lee is a seasoned video production and distribution specialist and former product strategist for Dalet media workflows. With more than ten years experience, he ensures the successful launch of industry-leading products in addition to complex video workflow deployments with some of the largest media companies and brand enterprises worldwide.More Articles By Lee